Feb 19, 2010

i love my dough whisks





i love my dough whisks. i do.

someone, george bernard shaw i think it was, said something like: there is no love more sincere than the love of food, and that is probably not only vastly true, but largely what this blog is about. but i do love my dough whisks, most sincerely.

every time i make portuguese sweetbread or apricot oat bars or choux paste or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, they make short work of tough dough handling.

i also love my new ceramic knife. i have had a ceramic vegetable peeler for years, (since we lived in japan in the mid 90s, and i always loved it). but this new ceramic knife by kyocera is a dream for slicing scallions, parsley, carrots, celery. never mangles the scallions, or herbs, nothing but clean cuts. i love my steel knives too. but this is a treat to use, so lightweight, so delicate, handles so cleverly.

i also love my hardworking wooden spoons. i would be empty-handed without them. they stir every dish i make. i clearly need some spoon oil, like stephanie on her fabulous blog 3191 miles apart, to care for them properly. i have ordered some beeswax to make this happen.

some of these tools have been with me for more than 15 years. none of them were expensive. they have carried me a long way. true love. hope you had a super valentine's week. we've nearly conquered february and we're well on our way toward spring (yipee). happy weekend all, xo, g.

p.s. in case you are in need of any of these items: i bought my dough whisks for almost nothing at an online outfit called breadtopia, marvelous shop. the wooden spoons i bought mostly at sur la table in san francisco and the kyocera i picked up at whole foods.

1 comment:

  1. I love the wooden spoons! They are so pretty and feel warm...

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments